Retightenings can be annoying when you're tenderheaded. Here are some things to reduce the pain:
1. Don't schedule retightenings near your period/menstrual cycle. I learned this when I was getting laser hair removal. Your skin is just more sensitive that time of the month. Book away from this time if you can. Both your nerves and resistance to tenderness will be better.
2. Go with your hair very slightly damp unless your consultant already uses a spray bottle or moisturizer. The dampness helps the plastic tool more easily glide through your strands than dry hair.
3. Separate your Sisterlocks at the scalp before retightening. Pull them apart before your appointment. Trust me you'd rather do it yourself. Self-inflicted separating seems easier to bare.
4. Ask your consultant to be more gentle. My consultant is a body builder known for her speed. Sometimes its just better to ask for a small break or for her not to be so rough.
5. Take a pain reliever. Note that I'm not saying you should have to for every appointment, but if you are feeling sensitive or already have a headache, take a mild pain reliever.
Please chime in! Thoughts?