Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sisterlocks Misinformation

One thing that really irks me and is extremely frustrating to me is the MISINFORMATION running rampant about Sisterlocks.

Sisterlocks remains the best hair decision I have ever made and I just want others to be correctly informed.

I started with Google. In searching Sisterlocks, I found this misinformation on Wikipedia. As a result, I edited the content from:

"Sisterlocks" and "brotherlocks" are a particular patented genus of dreadlocks created in Afro-textured hair that are installed in needle-thin twists to create very fine locks. "Sisterlocks" or "brotherlocks" are maintained exclusively by tightening the roots, or "new growth" with the latch-hook tool as the tension created by excessive twisting encourages locks to thin and potentially break off.

to:

"Sisterlocks" and "Brotherlocks" is [12] a method of locking any hair texture or type into micro dreadlocks founded by Dr. Joanne Cornwell. Only a certified Sisterlocks consultant has received the certification and training to install Sisterlocks or Brotherlocks. A complete list of consultants and official trainees are on the Sisterlocks.com official site. Sisterlocks involve interlocking your hair from end to scalp with the Sisterlocks tool. The technique was not designed or intended to be combined with hair extensions.

And so it is. I am trying to get an official Sisterlocks page on Wiki as well. Wish me luck! It requires multiple references and it's difficult because there is so much false info on the net about Sisterlocks.

2 comments:

Cheleski aka KnottyAuthor Kicken The Truth said...

the best of luck with your Wiki page! Im cheering you on. You are the best to bring it. Kudos to you for still going hard on your blog through all these years!!! so nice to come back and see you keeping it current!

Naturally Sophia said...

@Cheleski it's so nice to see a familiar face who thought to stop by and comment on my blog, I'm replying to your post too now on your blog.