Search This Blog

Friday, May 28, 2010

Do You Know What Today Is? It's My Anniversary!

I was told I was missed. Thank you!




Many of you have e-mailed, instant messaged, etc. asking me if I was sick or had abandoned my blog. Well of course not! I have been living and being supernaturally inspired by life and growing up a bit. Also, I must say when you all ( bloggers, lurkers, enthusiasts) don't comment, naturally Sophia feels like she may have wasted her time a tiny bit because no one else shares their thoughts :) You know no one likes playing to an empty room. Ok I'm done whining now.

Great News! Something magical happened, my locks turned 3 today. They are out of the terrible 2s and have started to grow and calm down a bit. I must confess I have never missed my afro more, well more like half-fro because it always looked more like out than up. But I don't miss the maintenance of having a foot long plus fro. I have learned so much about Sisterlocks in the past 3 years. I'm going to post on things that personally helped me soon.

I'm growing out the color too. No more color at the roots. I read an article that suggested peroxide leads to premature grays (ouch!) in the May 2010 O Magazine. I love Oprah! I also love white hair but don't want to hasten the process.


Here are some things I have done in the past with my locks:



Here I am today:



And here's what I want to do in the future:



Please click on each one of these styles. Aren't they adorable?
Audrey's Beautiful Length & Texture

Chescaleigh's Braided Side Pony

Braided, Twisty Mohawk from Bglhonline.com

Docs Locs Pretty French Braid

The Swirly Bun in the 2nd Gallery

Goddess Curls

To celebrate, I am going to join the Locked Hair Blog Exchange !

18 comments:

macnart said...

Hi Sophia, Kim from Charlotte. I look, read, watch and listen. Don't stop, you know you're loved because you made a lurker like me speak up.
April was my 3 yr anniversary of traditional locs.

new2locs said...

OMG Peroxide makes your hair gray prematurely? What's a girl to do? I can't stand my gray & I certainly don't like looking at it. Oh boy, oh boy, what I's gon' do lawd!!!!

Your hair looks great Sophia. Happy Anniversary!!!

Euphoria's Sisterlocks said...

love the styles you selected especially the godess locks

msfullroller said...

Happy 3rd Anniversary and beautiful, beautiful locs! I'm quiet sometimes online just like in person so I don't always comment but definitely read all of your posts. Glad to see ya back!

V said...

Happy 3rd! Your locks are gorgeous as always! I really like the bun style you chose.

QueenLi said...

Congrats on reaching year three!
It's been a while since I last saw you at Whole Foods {Ponce de Leon}.
So far, my weekend is nice. We got off/on rain showers, but that is good. Two days ago, I took out the last several braid ext.
Maybe we will see each other again soon~
Take Care~
QueenLi

scruffdiva said...

Happy Anniversary! You'll never play to an empty room...just silent lurkers!

Is the color you have your natural color? Either way, it's lovely!

anthia-ofo said...

Happy anniversary! Keep blogging. You come up with some really interesting stuff.

Thandi said...

Happy belated birthday to your locs!!

nappy headed black girl said...

Way to go on making 3 yrs :-) The way people start, stop and restart dreads these days, that's quite an accomplishment lol

And the braided mohawk from BGLHonline is fierce...Please post pics if you decide to do it!

T'arr.a said...

Your locs are GORGEOUS! Makes me want to start all over and do sisterlocks.

Naturally Sophia said...

Thank you all! I love comments! You are all so kind.

T'arr.a- What's done is done a great woman once said. I like your locks as they are. I thoroughly enjoyed the freedom of my first set of locks that required less maintenance and were less costly. :)

Quietspirit said...

Congratulations on 3 years. I have missed you. I stopped reading blogs as often as I used as so many of my favorites do post as often. I'm showing you some love to encourage you. Thanks for the posts.

Naturally Sophia said...

Hey Quiet Spirit! Thank you for the encouragement. Please comment more. I will be posting more this week, the following month and so forth.

Bajan Lily said...

3 yrs? wow and congratulations!
ps - you were definitely missed :)

Peajai said...

Hey! Long time no comment! Loving the hair!!!

SeZ said...

Hey there Diva you have ben growing huh? Time flys when your loced and looking good. I like that your locs remained their size. Keep going girly.

Naturally Sophia said...

Thank you all so very much!