Search This Blog

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Atlanta Natural Hair Show 2010

Where have I been blog, bloggers, blog fam? I have been feeling; not writing or thinking but feeling and working on some of my goals. :)

I missed you all and have decided to write again about the things I've wanted to share but have been too busy living to share.

First of all, I would like to share photos from the Atlanta Natural Hair Show 2010 by Taliah Waajid.

I was a vendor there this year also. You know I have to find a way to sell the 300 hair ties I have. LOL! I found more people selling them this year; but the quality was way lower than last year in my honest opinion. Needless to say, I had a blast!
It was fun, and I left feeling inspired.

Here I am with a couple of friends:

(from left Onyx Cherry Sisterlocked 3 years, moi, and B traditional locks for 5 years)




And here I am with the woman that installed my full mane of Sisterlocks. None other than the dynamic Jacqueline of HairstoYouNaturally.com! She was well worth the trip I made to Boston to have my locks installed nearly 3 years ago! Time flies. She is knowledgeable, consistent and a perfectionist no less. She is really amazing.


And the styles and models were amazingly, creatively styled. Here are just some teasers. ;p WOW! Look at the slide show for more highlights.






Just look at the artistry!




And Sisterlocks definitely represented. Here is consultant Roni with her entry style and client into the natural hair show:








This is the first Sisterlock Stylist of the Year Calla Johnson, who is infamous in Atlanta with her daughter (4 year old Sisterlocks). Just beautiful!





I can't forget my own current consultant Julia Stewart-Stackhaus who is fabu in her own right. And yes she was particularly talkative that weekend. LOL!



15 comments:

S0uthernGirl said...

Thanks for sharing all these gorgeous pics!

Divalocity said...

Thanks for the lovely photos. I really wanted to be at this event because I've been following Taliah for years and it's always great to see the women who love what GOD gave them.

Spring Flowerchild said...

I'm sorry I missed it. I'm feeling so much hair envy looking at your pics! :)

~Francesca~ said...

Thanks for sharing! Looks like great fun. I am looking forward to attending next year.

Jim Ellis said...

Great post. Looks like you had a great time.

Nubian1 said...

What EYE popping slides! Thanks for posting...been a looooon time posting. = (

The knotty Truth said...

wow! it looks awesome! how many ties you sell?

Aya said...

Oh wow, oh wow!!! Really loved all the fantastic pictures. Thanks for sharing your pics.

QueenLi said...

Pictures are nice, Very Nice~
Take Care~

Naturalhair said...

I was at the ATL Hair Show and loved it! Calla started my Sisterlocks on May 2nd so I am official!! She is awesome! Thanks for sharing,
Tondaleya

Naturally Sophia said...

Thank you all for commenting.


Tondaleya- Congrats on your new install. I look forward to seeing you at the Atlanta Sisterlocks Meet-Up, if you'll attend sometime.

shari said...

OMG! small small world while I am not a member of the SL fam YET I fully intend to be in about 30 days. Ms.Julia, your consultant is my cousin. I live in md but i think its funny that I'm completely obsessed with SL and not only does she have them she installs them too! I need the rest of the family to get into it lol your locks are absolutely lovely

Sunshine Sisterlocks said...

I missed you! lol
Your hair has changed a lot since I've last seen it.
Thanks so much for the pics too. Everyone and their hair is lovely!

Sophia said...

If it is okay, I want to link one of your photos on my blog. We lost the camera from this weekend and I want to do a quick post until I find it! on sisterlocked dot com

Charmaine said...

Love the sisterlocs. I wanted them once before and found out the price was $600 to start so I just went with regular locs as $600 for my hair which is more than my rent is not really logical to me. The photos just remind me of why I should have just saved the money and got them later...lol. Thanks for the photos they are gorgeous.