Search This Blog

Saturday, February 27, 2010

A New Year, A New Color

"If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead." ~Author Unknown

I have always admired red hair from Lucille Ball to Malcolm X. So, Naturally Sophia decided to become one herself.



Color Update! See above pic.


Yup I chose RED! ya know with brown not like fire engine red (well at least not yet).


How did I do it?


Well first I went with my staple: Naturtint. Except, it didn't color it red enough, it was more red but not quite red enough to be obvious. Now, to be fair, I only let it stay on my hair for 20 minutes. I colored it before work. It made a subtle difference, but not the punch I was looking for.




The next day, I came back and mixed some colors. I mixed Clairol 40 developer, Clairol Permanent Dye Reddest Sunset Red, Beautiful Collection Light Reddest Brown, and Adore Fire Red. Here is my disclaimer: don't do what I did because your hair can fall out or turn green. If you do it anyway, don't blame me.



I just did the part that was already blondish anyway because I did not want to bleach my hair again. I am thrilled with the result. It looks more red in person that in these pictures.





Now dear readers, let me confess something I am curious about but probably would never do in a million years. It's this:

Yuh Know? Fun Betty makes dye so the drapes can match the rug if you know what I mean. I mean aside from my fears of something burning or itching after using this product, I think it could be a cool thing to do at least once.

3 comments:

Gigglz said...

Wow! Our colors looks really similar!! You're right, great minds do think alike! I like the red on you, good job on all your color mixing!

The Woman Inside said...

Yes, red does look good on you! How do you treat your hair after coloring?
Let me know the results of your ... uhm, you know, test ;)

msfullroller said...

You color looks great! Now where is that eating popcorn icon when you need it? lol Awaiting the results of the uh...coordination efforts.