Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bold & Beautiful Inspiration

Many people ask me about when/if I'm going to take my Sisterlocks out or what I am going to do once I take them out? I don't know when I'll part with Sisterlocks. But when I do, I will be bald or have hair less than inch long.

Here is my inspiration:


Top Left to Right: Noni Gasa, India Aire, Amber Rose and Grace Jones


Bottom Left to Right: Tennille Stoute, Erykah Badu, & Noemie Lenoir

And let's not forget Josephine Baker!



As you all know, Solange recently cut her hair too. Why you might ask?

This is reportedly from her twitter page:


"listen. if. i. wanted. to. make. a. statement. i. would. have. twitpic’d. photo shoot. ect. i. was. simply. taking. my. son. to. school. stupid. paps. took. pic. ive. had. my. hair. cut. like. this. for. two. weeks. i. was. NOT. inspired. by anyone. but. my. self. i. have. done. this. twice. in. my. life. i. was 16. i was 18. did. not care about your opinion. then. dont. care. now. dont. need. your. attention. or. your. co-sign. dont. want. a. edge. up. or a perm. because. im not trying. to make this “a style” or a statement. i. just. wanted. to. be. free. from. the. bondage. that. black. women sometimes. put. on. themselves. with. hair. this. phase. of. my. life. i. want to spend . the time. the energy. and the money. on something else. not in the hair salon. im. not. mad. at . all of you. that have made your opinions known. and have sent negative. energy. my way. i expected this of you. you. have. the right to have. an opinion. so. do. i."

What are your after locks plans?
Have you ever done the big chop?
Any comments, tips, or advice?

7 comments:

Onyxcherry said...

Personally, I'm probably going to be buried in my locks.

I did the big-chop when I transitioned to sisterlocks. I loved it. If I ever got bored w/my sisterlocks I would probably do the big-chop again, Wear it short for a year and then get another set of sisterlocks.

If you cut ur locks off, I'll be the first to rub your head for good luck. Maybe the second.

Quietspirit said...

I am wrestling with that question now. I don't want to do an extreme bc as I've done that many times already prior to locks. I am just not interested in doing that at this point in my life.

When I do get rid of my sisterlocks I do intend to relock at some point. It probably won't be sisterlocks but some type of interlock system.

Peace

Gigglz said...

All I can say is all those ladies look HOT, HOT, and HOTTER!!! I think when you do decide to cut off your hair whether it be to go natural or just for fashion the woman exude confidence!!!

I just started on my journey with SL's so I'm definitely not thinking of cutting them off anytime soon, but if I was too hmm, I think short cut fade would be the way to go. Easy maintenance, dye it a fly color, and Rock on!!!

RhiRhi said...

Love your blog... I too am loving the natural/'less than inch' hair that seems to be coming more and more accepted - as it should be by women of colour.
Im transitioning from 'creamy crack' right now.. not quite ready to do the BC (again) yet....

Just opened a new blog to coincide with my spiritual growth... pass by sometime :)

Follow me, Grow with me...
Much Love, Bless

Trina said...

I do miss my 360 wave days. Less maintenance and freedom. Best believe if I ever get tired of my locs that is where I will be again.

Anonymous said...

To wear hair that short one should have a small head with small features.

Rashida Chinue Blake said...

I loved Solange's haircut, I wonder why people didn't like it? I love my locs and will not getting rid of them anytime soon though, did the big chop already after batch 1 so yeah been there done that. :D

I fully support if any of my locked sisters want to cut though, I have done it before so I will be the last to tell one not too. I will miss your locs if you do, but if you feel it is the right path then by all means!