Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Few Fantastic Finds

Hey Blogger Fam! I hope everyone is well. This is a long overdue post!

I want to give kudos to Carmen of http://www.tomokastwists.com/ a much needed, overdue "THANK YOU". I love my Tomoka's Twist and wear it more than most of the hair ties I make myself to keep my hair out of my face. I encourage any hair tie lover ( or non-hair tie lovers) to try one. A natural girl should have an arsenal of accessories. I purchased this one called Mudcloth. It's excellent! Be sure you get one too.



Also, in the spirit of supporting Black Business, I must give some more positive product recommendations. The owners of Nubian Heritage which I gave a rave review for their soaps. Well, From selling on a sidewalk in Harlem, Richelieu Dennis and Nyema Tubman transformed drops of scented oil into Sundial Creations, a business conglomerate that today includes 4 retail stores and a state of the art 50,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility.

The particular product I would like to highlight is from http://www.sheamoisture.com/ ; it's a combo pack of nice, creamy lotion and a large bar soap. I choose Coconut Hibiscus available at any Target store, online, or at the SheaMoisture.com site. I have heard wonderful things about the acne-fighting black soap and tea tree shaving products.

Well you don't have to take my word for it; here is an online review:



Fantastic soap and lotion!



Reviewer: Southern Lady (who gave it a 5 out of 5 )



This product is of excellent quality and a little goes a long way. The bar of soap is huge and really leaves skin smooth and soft. The lotion is extra thick, and it only take a small dab to smooth over the skin. It leaves a soft, clean, and moisturized feeling and really smells great.


The next product recommendation is for http://www.soulpurpose.com/ ! I love, LOVE their solid perfumes. It's a great option for those who want a lingering smell throughout the day without the over-powering nature of some alcohol based perfumes. It is a creamy, oil based perfume that lasts all day. I have the Brazilian Jack Fruit; H.D. likes Hollywood Fresh. I also have the Sugar-Shea Scrub which is an exfoliator and a moisturizer all in one. The perfect cure for clearing dead skin without dryness. Nadine Thompson is the founder of Soul Purpose. Kudos to another Black woman entrepreneur and sister blogger.

1 comment:

vkb said...

Please tell me where you purchase the perfume.