Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sharing a Moment at the Dogwood Festival

Hey Blogger Fam! I wanted to share this with you.

I saw a beautiful image (photo) at the park, not the image below.

One Himba woman (above is a photo of a Himba woman) was manicuring the locks of another Himba(African tribe) woman. Himbas matte their hair and natural fibers with mud to form locks.


They both looked like they were good friends. The one styling looked as if, " I must fix it, she is already so beautiful, every hair must be in place".


The one getting her hair fixed looked as if she knew her girlfriend was going to hook her hair up!


The text said:Nobody sees a flower -- really -- it is so small it takes time -- we haven't time -- and to see takes time, like to have a friend takes time. ~Georgia O'Keefee.


It brought tears to my eyes and made me think of my girlfriends and my mom who is an avid gardener and can call any plant by description alone.
BTW, the flower linked is my favorite flower. :)

4 comments:

Chinue*s LLL Philosophy said...

She is a beauty. That must have been an experience to go to the festival.

Quietspirit said...

Peonies are one of my favorite flowers too. I have so many warm and fond memories surronding peonies. Thanks for the lovely post and the link to the lovely flower.

Thandi said...

They also add horse hair to their locs to add length. Sadly, we went to the wrong part of Namibia so didn't see any Himba.We did see a bushman family though LOL

Meikmeika said...

Beautiful... I love my friends!