Search This Blog

Friday, May 1, 2009

Atlanta Natural Hair Show 2009 Part II

The thing I enjoyed most about the natural hair show was catching up with my blogger friends.

Guess who I got to meet?

Naadi of http://naadiiheadz.blogspot.com/. I love her energy. She has the kind of spirit that you can spend all day with; I loved our talks.

I also got a chance to buy a gorgeous headband from Taylor of http://www.taylormadelocks.com/! She has 10 years of beautiful locks. Just look! If it weren't for her I would have never met my consultant Julia.


I also got my hair retightened by Martine, Jacqueline, and Julia! What a treat. I wish the hair show was every month.


Martine and Jacqueline retightened the very front. Martine told me she had to combine 2 locks as one was literally hanging on by about 2 hairs. So, I have one 2 headed dragon that I wasn't thrilled about at first. I have named her Gemini and she let me know from my attempts to twist her together in one lock that she is resisting. Even my loc is a rebel! Wow!

3 comments:

Laquita said...

Nice pictures - I really need to make a plan to go to that hair show next year :o)

QueenLi said...

Greetings! :)

It was nice meeting you at Whole Foods yesterday. I am working now, and I don't "log-in" on the 9 to 5... but I blog/web surf when I have a little time....
I wonder if Martine(sp) will grow another set of locks? You said you went 3 months without a retightening? That is the "actual" time I take to retighten my own hair, {once every 3 months}.
Calla Johnson, I tell ya! She knows she can "throw-down" on locks!
Well, I am glad to have met you, and you are the first to see my new-growth and ext. BL this year! I hope to have updates to my blog/album this June...

Take care~
Robyn

Chinue*s LLL Philosophy said...

Wow Locks galore! Martine continues to look phenomenal and she is def rocking that fiery fro. Love your locks and colour too Sophia. Oooh and just get a load of Taylor's locks, damn! Yes Naadi's locks are looking bomb too.