Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Atlanta Natural Hair Show 2009

I have been delinquent in blogging, forgive me. I have been so busy. Where's the time? I will be doing one post a day for the rest of May, stay tuned.



ok, The hair show was phenomenal. It was the first time I participated as a vendor. I sold my jewelry and hair ties/lock clips galore. I saw many bloggers and familiar faces including



and my dear blogger friend: Kinky Rhonnie of Kinky Rhonnie's Spot

I just want to take that shirt. If you're reading this, tell me where you got it from. Or if anyone knows, please reply.



I went 3 months without a retightening. Can you believe it? Well, as fate would have it, Julia ended up retightening my hair at the show. I had 2-3 inches of new growth, and I certainly hated waiting at the moment. Doesn't my expression tell it all?


Julia is a renaissance woman! In addition to being a fabulous consultant and mom, she is a fitness competitor and model. Many have asked me who she is and how to get in contact with her. And is she certified? Well heck yeah! Here is her e-mail and phone, and please tell her where you received her info.

404-718-9371 or jstewartstackhaus@yahoo.com


I want to take a moment to highlight my very first consultant Jacqueline. I love her! I wish she would have moved here just for my retightenings. I know it's selfish, but it's true. She is such a perfectionist.


She opted to have her hair cut and styled here at the hair show as well. Please visit her website and fotki page.

http://www.hairstoyounaturally.com/
http://public.fotki.com/Jlmashby/my_sisterlocks_journeys/

If you are in the northeast or willing to travel to Boston, she is an awesome consultant especially if you want micros. Can you believe she wanted me to take down some locks so she could move my center part a few centimeters over? I am so not joking. But that just goes to show the amount of effort she puts into locking.

She got a cut and style here while at the show:





Here is a slideshow for the rest of the show. Enjoy:

12 comments:

S0uthernGirl said...

Glad to see you had fun! They had those shirts at Wetseal and Torrid a while back.

Thandi said...

So many reasons to be in the US and not here..Sigh

Quietspirit said...

Thanks for posting about the hair show. I was waiting patiently. Maybe one year I make to Atlanta for the show.

Happiest Nappy said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun and educational as well. YOUR HAIR HAS GROWN BACK FROM THE CUT ALREADY! Wow!

sunsail said...

Wow girl, you looked bored to tears!!

Ok, ok, imma send the pics to you now! :)

Euphoria said...

wow, looks like they really put on a great showcase, it's amazing all the styles you can create with locks, your booth looks good as well as your locks so full.

Queen Nat said...

The hair show looked like fun; the retightening... well... not so fun! LOL. It's good to see Jacqueline too. Her Fotki album was one of my favorites when I started thinking about locs.

Chinue*s LLL Philosophy said...

I see you got a lot accomplished at this hair show Sophia, you sure are resourceful. ;)

Brown ButtahFly said...

Looks like you all really had a good time, I wish I could have attended.

Take Care

Meikmeika said...

I'm lovin the first pic & happy that you had a wonderful time..not to mention business was good!!

Taliah said...

Hello,

This is Taliah Waajid. The dates for the 2010 World Natural Hair, Health & Beauty Show:

Date: April 10-11, 2010

Location: Georgia International Convention Center
2000 Convention Center Concourse
Colleg Park, GA 30337
For more information: www.naturalhairshow.org

Thanks

Taliah said...

Hello,

This is Taliah Waajid. The dates for the 2010 World Natural Hair, Health & Beauty Show:

Date: April 10-11, 2010

Location: Georgia International Convention Center
2000 Convention Center Concourse
Colleg Park, GA 30337
For more information: www.naturalhairshow.org

Thanks