Search This Blog

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Product Reviews that are Natural Hair Friendly

So, I have been so in a haze of hair ties and jewelry lately that I forgot about my other hobby, blogging, LOL!

I am overdue for some product reviews. My first review is of Jason's Natural Biotin Shampoo:
Description from the Manufacturer's Website:

No Lauryl/Laureth Sulfates
This revitalizing shampoo is formulated to gently cleanse scalp and helps to alleviate dry, itchy scalp, damaged hair and split ends. Biotin, Planthenol-3 and selected botanicals combined with 3 proteins help energize the scalp and promote natural and healthy looking hair.For Thinning, Dry, or Damaged Hair; pH 5.5; Revitalizes & Promotes Healthy Growth; Biotin & Polysorbate 60; UV Sun Protection.Bio-degradable; no animal by-products; no animal testing.


Directions from Manufacturer's Website:
Apply to wet hair. Work into a lather and massage thoroughly. Rinse and repeat.


LOL! Always "rinse and repeat". I want to mention that it is not tested on animals and is certified organic.


I love this one. I swear the best things in life are cheap if not free. I bought this shampoo fro $3.50 from Ross rather than spending a fortune at Whole Paycheck (Whole Foods Market).

It is enriched with marigold, ginseng, and chamomile. I was smelling my hair for hours even with my cold. It left my scalp clean without making my hair feel extra dry or brittle. This was a good deal all the way! :)


I tried this shampoo too awhile back; it was also on sale because that's how I roll! LOL! I have to just say I love this because it is multi-functional. It is a body was as well as a shampoo. It gives a fruity herbal scent kinda like Orange tea with Agave nectar, but you definitely smell the coconut and bergamot too. It is super lathering but not organic. Now, I like it better on my skin than hair. But it worked as a shampoo. It left it clean, but that's it. It doesn't have any long lasting fragrance which is good not to interfere with your perfume; and it doesn't have any extra cleansing or moisturizers in it. So if you want just clean, this is the shampoo for you. If you are fortunate enough to travel alot, this is great because it is 2 for 1, a body and hair shampoo which is my favorite thing about this deal. Plus, I only paid $12 for the 40 ounce; it was a steal!

Info from the manufacturer:
This fast lathering, quick-rinsing shampoo is a well-balanced and nourishing formula.
Pure Basic revitalizes, adds shine and entices you with its peach, tart apple and bergamot aromatherapy
All Hair Types pH Level: 5.7-6.7
Commitment to Purity: 100% Vegan - Free of Synthetic Dyes - DEA

3 comments:

Brown ButtahFly said...

They both sound like really great shampoos, however I think I'm willing to try the biotin shampoo.
Thanks for sharing your reviews.

Meikmeika said...

I've never tried to Jason's Biotin shampoo but will keep it in mind when I run out of my current one..

herbal shampoo said...

Thanks for info!!!May be products are helpful to me……