Evelyn author of http://eves-journey.blogspot.com/ nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award.
I was so flattered that anyone would pic me as a nominee. She wrote that my blog is interesting and that I creatively post. Wow! Gee Thanks. When I blog, it feels like I put so much work in for no one to notice. I am glad at least one person did. People tell me all the time that they read it, but comments are scant sometimes. It's not as fun for me if people don't engage. So thank you Evelyn for the award.
By request, I have to tell you (7) things that I love and to also nominate (7) other bloggers for the Kreativ Blogger Award.
(7) Things that I love.
(7) Things that I love.
I love so much. This is the behavior I try to do most. Love is all around me. I take it with me wherever I go. Love can be subtle enough to penetrate any obstruction, and powerful enough to save anything. I am a lover of love not only that carnal, romantic love but also the unselfish, by any means necessary tough kind of love.
1.The Most High/God(dess). The greatest gift is the gift of Life. How can you not love the Life Giver?
2. The Sun. Everybody loves the sunshine but me especially. It changes my mood. I love to sun bathe; I love rooms with the windows exposed so I can sit in front of it with a good book and just feel warm.
3. My family especially my mom and dad. Many people have children, not all of them parent. Of those who parent, not all of them do it well. I am in the minority of people who have received those 2 self-sacrificing, loving parents who parent well.
4. Quiet. When I am not constantly infiltrated with other people's sound tracks, I think clearer, am more creative and can do any task better than I would with noise.
5. Music & Movies. I particularly love these activities because I can do them alone or with friends, and it's fun either way. I love all types of music and concerts. I specifically like movies that are foreign or independent films but also comedies. I tend to lean towards the underground in music and like my films with a meaning.
6. Reading. Who doesn't appreciate a curling up with some hot cocoa and a good book. I tend to like authors like Pahlo Cohelo, Toni Morrison, and Alice Walker. I thought of creating a book club several times because I just can't seem to find a book club in my area that is what I'm seeking. the ore you know, the more you grow right?
7. Dancing. I love dancing and swimming actually because they are work outs that don't feel like it. If I go dancing every weekend, I am consistently 20 pounds lighter than I am now. I like just letting the vibrations from the music guide me. I especially like dancing with a partner, but I will dance all by myself.
Here is one tangible thing I love just cuz: Lush "Honey I Washed the Kids" Soap. It is divine! Honey and cocoa with a real honey comb on top of it to exfoliate. I swear adding a lot of simple things you love can make you so much happier.
I thought long and hard about the 7 other blogs I would nominate. Here they go in no specific order:
I was sold from the first time I saw this blog. She said that she spent over $50 looking for the right vegan cheese. If any of you have ever attempted to eat a cheese substitute, you can relate. As many of you know, I am a vegetarian and look forward to cutting eggs and cheese out of my diet which are the only animal foods I eat.
I love this blog. It is a photo blog that has gorgeous photos and awesome content. I actually followed it before it was a photo blog with a link I found on TriniGourmet.com. I feel its content reflects experiences most people can relate to.
His blog is just interesting. That's all I can say. He is an artist; so it's part photo blog. His photos are as interesting and varied as his subjects. I particularly like his posts on food, movies, and parenting.
Her blog posts appeal to the free side of me. The one that is forever wearing textured pantyhose under tweed pantsuits. The one that wants to move to Paris instead of going to grad school.
J'adore Brigitte! She and her blog are pure fashion fabulous with a focus on ethnicity in fashion and modeling. In my head, I imagine us as BFFs who shop together. She has interesting perspectives on popular culture in general and an eye for the truly fierce.
He is a writer. Everyday he writes about something. He has an appreciation for Black women that I find refreshing. Abagond writes well about interesting topics. His blog is all great content. What more could you want?
Seriously, I get the news I care about from here. I feel happy to be in the same blogosphere as someone so relevant and cognizant.
And just because I am a rebel, here's number 8:
It is about Black womyn in film (or the lack thereof). The best thing is that she posts trailers for films that you would never hear about or see. Her viewpoints are both poignant and clear.