Search This Blog

Sunday, February 1, 2009

The New Year Atlanta Sisterlocks Meet-Up

Yesterday, was the first meet-up of the year. This is the first time that everyone who confirmed via RSVP came. I am so happy about that!

There were some really good conversations about professionalism and locks, blogging, and products; I always enjoy every one's lock stories. There were many who just arrived to Atlanta.

Lady C below is from Colorado:


Look how her hair grew in just 6 months:


And Amba's friend below always makes me miss my traditional locs. She has this great natural light brownish color too:



Jane Carter represented their line, a little late but worth the wait. I purchased the scalp serum .
Here are the ingredients for the scalp serum:

SCALP NOURISHING SERUM: Pure essential oils of: grapefruit, cedarwood, rosemary, ylang ylang, palmarosa, nettle, vitamins A,D,E in a hybrid safflower base.


Here are the ingredients for the leave-in conditioner:

REVITALIZING LEAVE IN: Purified Water, Extracts of Aloe Vera, Comfrey, Watercress, Myrrh, Panthenol, Essential Oils, Anthemis Noblis Flower, Symphytum OfficinalLeaf, Equisetum Arvense, Urtica Dioica (Nettle), Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Lawsonia Inermis (Henna), Butoxyethenol, Polyquarternium11, Soyamid DEA, PPG30, Cetyl Ether, Oleth-3 Phosphate, Hydantoin,

Both of these products can be found at Whole Foods. I like the Jane Carter Solution's Leave-in Conditioner. It smells good and has a light water base. I haven't used the essential oil scalp serum yet (future product review), but I know tea tree oil works like a charm at a better price.

7 comments:

Queen Nat said...

So glad you had a good turnout for the meetup. I will definitely try to make the next one.

shea said...

you're hair color looks bomb-diggity ;)

onyxcherry said...

You guys look like you had a great time.

I just started using Jane Carter Solutions Leave-in Conditioner and I love it too. It has some great natural ingredients in it.

Brown ButtahFly said...

Looks like you all had fun, too bad I wasn't up this way sooner.

Take Care

QueenLi said...

Y'all look nice, Very Nice!~
I look forward to better days this spring-summer.

Take Care~

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I have my sisterlocks for 14 months now. For some reason they are not growing as much as I thought they would. They look severely damage and unhealthy. For info I don't smoke. Please help have better looking sisterlocks because i have to attend a wedding in June 2009. Thanks!

Naturally Sophia said...

Hi Anonymous! Without seeing them, I can't offer much help. Please e-mail more details and/or pics to Natural.Life.24.7@gmail.com