Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Grooming- DIY

Shown above: my Sisterlock before grooming


Just before the Holiday Season, I started grooming my locks here and there. I highly recommend it. I took a small scissor and cut out bunching, cut off weak parts of locks, and lint.

I am aware that many of you already do this. I am not a "neat freak" when it comes to my locks; I prefer them a bit messy so I never groomed them before now. But I like the occasional grooming since I tried it; it has made my locks look less shaggy though they are still unique.

Words of caution: Do not cut into the rotation. It will cause your locks to shed and possibly unravel.
One of my resolutions since my 18 month locksiversary was to become more of a DIY (Do-It-Yourself-er).
Mission Accomplished!
Sorry about the blurry photos. I tried to show the strands of loose hair/fuzz I cut away from the lock. The photo below shows the lock after the trim. Again sorry about the resolution of the photo.

1 comment:

Mel said...

It's amazing the difference that grooming can make. I did my Mum's hair a few days ago and it looks great!
I am a little nervous about doing my own...