So today, while I was working from home at the parental units pad, on break of course, I rolled my hair. I got a head start before work. I just love the results. Don't you?
Here is what I did step by step.
1. I took 2 packages of lock loops (http://www.lockloops.com/) and wrap & roll from Jane Carter Solutions( available at Whole Foods Market).
2. Start off with clean slightly damp hair.
3. Take the package of lock loops and separate the rollers from the foam sheets.4. Remove the foam pieces from the circular part of the roller.
An Aside: I hate the extra foam in that it is not Eco friendly. But the rollers are pretty ingenious. They were inexpensive and didn't dry out my hair. Plus, I love supporting Black owned businesses and sister Sisterlockers. I suggest everyone purchase them.
5. Apply a bit of the foamy Wrap & Roll and begin rolling from the ends up to the scalp.6. Secure the rollers by locking the groove part of the roller into the circular part. There are two grooves. So for tighter curls, lock them into the first groove.
6. Continue rolling until your hair until your head is complete. I used sections.
Another Aside: I used approximately 50 lock loops. Depending on your density, how much hair you put on the roller, and length it may take more or less.
7. I left the rollers in for about 6 hours until my hair was very dry from the dampness of the foam and water.
8. I took the rollers out in the order I put them in. Voila! A nice curly look: