Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sophia, Naturally is Lovin' Lock Loops

So today, while I was working from home at the parental units pad, on break of course, I rolled my hair. I got a head start before work. I just love the results. Don't you?

Here is what I did step by step.

1. I took 2 packages of lock loops (http://www.lockloops.com/) and wrap & roll from Jane Carter Solutions( available at Whole Foods Market).


2. Start off with clean slightly damp hair.

3. Take the package of lock loops and separate the rollers from the foam sheets.
4. Remove the foam pieces from the circular part of the roller.



An Aside: I hate the extra foam in that it is not Eco friendly. But the rollers are pretty ingenious. They were inexpensive and didn't dry out my hair. Plus, I love supporting Black owned businesses and sister Sisterlockers. I suggest everyone purchase them.

5. Apply a bit of the foamy Wrap & Roll and begin rolling from the ends up to the scalp.
6. Secure the rollers by locking the groove part of the roller into the circular part. There are two grooves. So for tighter curls, lock them into the first groove.



6. Continue rolling until your hair until your head is complete. I used sections.


Another Aside: I used approximately 50 lock loops. Depending on your density, how much hair you put on the roller, and length it may take more or less.

7. I left the rollers in for about 6 hours until my hair was very dry from the dampness of the foam and water.

8. I took the rollers out in the order I put them in. Voila! A nice curly look:

11 comments:

onyxcherry said...

Very Nice, I might actually get around to trying out the lock loops that I bought from Carol six months ago since your set came out so nicely.

Brown ButtahFly said...

I love the curls they came out great!

CarmenNC said...

Your curls turned out really nicely. I'll give mine another shot. Thank you for the tips!

Queen Nat said...

Beautiful! Thanks for the "tutorial!" Your blog is so helpful.

Amba said...

Love those curls!!!!

DiVA_La Reine said...

i like!...wonder if my length is ready -taps chin-

Allecia said...

I need to put loc loops on my Xmas wish list. Do you think the curls are similar to what you get by doing bantu knots? I really love my bantu knot curl but I worry about pulling and twisting my hair so much.

muslimahlocs said...

i am almost motivated enough to try out the locloops that i bought from carol at the last homecoming but [sigh]...omg, look at the time. gotta wake hmc up fer her next activity.

Aya said...

Oh my, the curls turned out great.

Meikmeika said...

The curls are stunning...you're glowing and your face is slimming..

You go girl!!!

patchsuperstore.com said...

Embroidered Patches, are created from the artwork that provide the high-quality look of direct embroidery without the high cost. For more information log on to http://www.patchsuperstore.com