Search This Blog

Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Other Black Candidate: Cynthia McKinney

I just wanted to put an honorable mention out there for Cynthia McKinney, the other Black Presidential nominee for her (Green) party. As you know, she is a prominent African-American in politics who also happens to have natural hair.



She served my congressional district (4) in Georgia for many years. I appreciated having her as my congress woman and I hope that she attains her goal of 5% of the nation's vote for President though I think it's unlikely as future President Barack Obama has so much support. The highest Green party votes came in 2004 when Ralph Nader, consumer advocate, attained 3% of the vote.

If you are interested in finding out more about Cynthia McKinney click here, here, and here.

1 comment:

onyxcherry said...

I've seen her speak and I admire her outspoken-ness. I was watching a documentary about her and some of the people close to her said that they were afraid for her life because they felt that someone would try to silence her by assasination.

I also admire that she is in the political spotlight and is the only black woman that I have seen that wears her hair in it's natural state.