Search This Blog

Monday, November 3, 2008

Creepin in My Dreams


Lately, I have been having some extremely vivid dreams about different things I believe relate to spirituality.

First, I have dreamed about a lakefront/riverfront twice like back to back lately. In one of the dreams, I dreamed that my father passed; and I had to swim across this gentle, beautiful lake with healthy green algae on top of it to get to my father's funeral in the dear. I could see my family on the embankment that must have been 20-30 feet up from the river/lake. I could not see how to get up the cliff but I was determined to cross. I was dressed in white with a skirt that rose to the top of the lake when I tried to swim. As I tried to cross, I expected to walk across but I lost my footing. I started swimming and woke up in tears.

Then, I dreamed about the number "4412". I turned on the TV and the reporter reported the news saying only "4412". I answered the phone and the person on the other line said only "4412". I turned the channel and the used car salesman on the commercial screamed "4412".

I dreamed of a multi-colored snake. It was like watercolors. It said something I can not remember but emphasized saying my name "SSSSSSSSSophia".

Who else dreams like this? Do any of you dream in detail?

My dream interpretation research said that the numbers, the lakes, the death, and the snake all have spiritual implications...hmm.
Update:
I went to Barnes & Nobles, the book I read suggested that a lake was indicative of a spiritual renewal and the current represented the flow of the journey. When I researched the death, it has not necessarily negative connotations but that of new beginnings. I think father dying was representative of a new beginning or way of looking at the masculine/patriarchal in my (spiritual) life.
Here is what the numbers "4412" mean individually:
Four:The symbolic meaning of number Four deals with stability and invokes the grounded nature of all things. Consider the four seasons, four directions, four elements all these amazingly powerful essences wrapped up in the nice square package of Four. Fours represent solidity, calmness, and home. A recurrence of Four in your life may signify the need to get back to your roots, center yourself, or even "plant" yourself. Fours also indicate a need for persistence and endurance.
One: One primarily deals with strong will, positivity, pure energy. The number One reflects new beginnings, and purity. The symbolic meaning of number One is further clarified when we understand One represents both kinds of action: physical and mental. This combined with Ones urgency for new beginnings, we begin to see Ones recurring in our lives indicates a time to exert our natural forces, take action, and start a new venture. One encourages us our action will be rewarded in kind.
Two:The symbolic meaning of number Two is kindness, balance, tact, equalization, and duality. The number Two reflects a quiet power of judgment, and the need for planning. Two beckons us to choose. The spiritual meaning of number Two also deals with exchanges made with others, partnerships (both in harmony and rivalry), and communication. Two urges us out of our indecision, calls us to unite with like-minds, and like-ideals. Two asks us to exert our natural flow of judgment to do what is best for our souls.
Snake: To see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream, signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced. The snake may also be seen as phallic and thus symbolize dangerous and forbidden sexuality. The snake may also refer to a person around you who is callous, ruthless, and can't be trusted. As a positive symbol, snakes represent transformation, knowledge and wisdom. It is indicative of self-renewal and positive changes.

8 comments:

Meikmeika said...

It's been a long time since I've dreamt in detail. Usually when I sleep atleast 8 hours. These days I'm lucky if I get in 5....

Your dreams were really interesting. What spiritual meaning would they have?

CarmenNC said...

You know you should play that number. I have many vivid dreams, every time I close my eyes. I like this website http://www.dreammoods.com I used to have a lot of dreams with my parents and me driving away from uncontrolled waters - flooding, bridge crumbling over a river. Now my dreams are pretty much what I've been exposed to that day, but in dream form.

CarmenNC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Naturally Sophia said...

Thanks for commenting ladies.

Meikmeika- I have to sleep at least 6 hours a night or I will be delirious. I updated the post with what I found out from the dream interpretation.

CarmenNC- Thanks for the link. We are definitely alike in that we dream vividly and of water.

CarmenNC said...

You're welcome. Sophia, your dream was about Barack - 44th president, 1st AA president, and he will serve 2 terms.

Nubian1 said...

CarmenNC

You hit the nail on the head with that one girl! Right on the button!It happened on the 4th of November and he is the 44th US President (444!!
POWERFUL DREAM SOPHIAAAAAAA

Naturally Sophia said...

Carmen- WOOHOO! You are so Right!

CarmenNC said...

And it's just wild how the reporters in your dream kept saying it - on the phone. It was just like last night.