Search This Blog

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Not The Real Housewives of Atlanta

I received an e-mail below that states exactly how I feel about this trashy show. As I was watching Project Runway last night, I saw the previews for this garbage.

This is the e-mail a co-worker forwarded me reportedly from Sandra Rose. Regardless of the source, I agree with the author's comments about the show.

The name of the game is controversy and last night’s premiere of The Real Housewives of Atlanta on Bravo delivered that.


While watching the show, I felt embarrassed, uncomfortable, and sad for those ladies who need material things to validate their existence.


For those of you who don’t live in Atlanta — the Hot Mess Housewives of Atlanta are not real and they don’t represent the Atlanta that I know.


Yesterday, I spent the evening with a millionaire. I’ve known this guy for many years. It just so happened that 3 of his employees pulled up in their cars. They drove a Range Rover and two Mercedes Benz’s. All three of those cars once belonged to the millionaire. Now those cars belong to his employees.


If you met him you would never know he was rich. And that’s my point.


The really wealthy residents of Atlanta don’t feel the need to broadcast their wealth or material things like those desperate, pitiful housewives of Atlanta who act like they’re not used to having anything.


Yes, Atlanta is full of desperate Gold diggers like Sheree, Lisa, DeShawn, Kim and NeNe — and the men who love them. Women who feel the need to floss material things do so to make up for what they lack in personality and self esteem.


I’m told that Sheree Whitfield has no money. She lost her clothing boutique through mismanagement of funds. That $5,000 handbag you saw her buy last night was actually borrowed. Sheree buys clothes on consignment from stores like Intermix Atlanta and Jeffreys — then takes the clothes back to the store. Her “entourage” is made up of friends of hers who sometimes get paid if the checks don’t bounce. I know all of this because Evander Holyfield’s daughter, who used to work for Sheree until her paychecks started bouncing, posts all of Sheree’s dirt on message boards. I did love the Louis Vuitton cake Sheree had at her party though.


NeNe was a stripper who met her husband who turned a ho into a housewife. Even though she’s ghetto as hell, as least she keeps it real.


I’m told Lisa Wu, who got her ass beat on the regular by ex-husband Keith Sweat, lost full custody of her two boys, Justin and Jordan, to Keith. She has one son, EJ, with her current husband Ed Hartwell, who was cut by the Oakland Raiders and is now jobless. But Lisa came up after her contentious relationship with Keith Sweat. She now designs jewelry, owns a real estate firm, Hartwell & Associates, a baby clothing line, Hart 2 Hart Baby, and does a little acting on the side to support her husband who is obviously smitten with her.

6 comments:

Laquita said...

Sounds pretty much like my mom's review. She was a regular watcher of the previous season which she informed me was nothing like the Atlanta one. She also called it a 'hot mess' and was very disappointed.

I'm sure the producers purposely chose the wives they did to fit in with the stereotypes - it's a shame.

onyxcherry said...

The women of "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" are all in some ways a hot mess, but they (in my opinion) are not anymore of a hot mess than any of the other women that have been portrayed in "The Real Housewives of New York" or "..of Orange County". They all have issues and are all being exploited for their entertainment value equally.

Meikmeika said...

I saw the preview, while watching Project Runway too, and was wondering when they'd have a show like this. It was only a matter of time after Flava of Love & I Love NY(I know they're VH1), it would become no holds barred... The preview in itself was embarrassing...I knew it was nothing I would be interested in watching...

Allecia said...

I did actually watch it and I wasn't impressed. I appreciate the ladies of OC and NY because some of them seem like really hard working, self-made women, especially the NY women. It seemed like all of the Atlanta women were riding off of their husbands. Even if they weren't independently wealthy, they certainly didn't present themselves as smart women (which was disappointing).

Lockedwithpatience said...

I watched the premiere episode and honestly I was not "embarassed" or even dissapointed. To me I don't think that this season is any different the previous seasons, especially the NY season. Just because they are black they are being judge harsher-- by black people especially.

Why knock anyone else's husstle? And what the heck is meant by the comment on domestic abuse? Is she less of a woman for getting her behind kick? Are we really throwing salt on her because her husband may have put her hands on her? Classic case of blacks telling black women they deserve to get their behinds kicked!

Chic Noir said...

The really wealthy residents of Atlanta don’t feel the need to broadcast their wealth or material things like those desperate, pitiful housewives of Atlanta who act like they’re not used to having anything.


Yes, Atlanta is full of desperate Gold diggers like Sheree, Lisa, DeShawn, Kim and NeNe — and the men who love them. Women who feel the need to floss material things do so to make up for what they lack in personality and self esteem.

Amen!