Search This Blog

Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Atlanta Sisterlock Meet-Up: Ideas Anyone?

I must thank Amba, who graciously asked me to be the Assistant Organizer of The Atlanta Sisterlocks Meetup . Of course I accepted!


I am honored that she thought of me. But my next thought is how to improve on the meet-ups. The upcoming meet-up will feature conversation around being physically natural-from head to toe. I have contacted several organic product companies to request samples for the group. I know that most of you are not local to the area. But what kind of things would you want from a natural hair group in your area? Any ideas?


Most of the time, we talk about Sisterlocks after an introduction or while we eat. Then, there is a question and answer period. We all exchange info which I really appreciate. I am already so very thankful that we have a meet-up, I am starved for ideas on how to improve on perfection.

2 comments:

Meikmeika said...

What would I want from a natural hair group.....
-There's always making some veggie dishes or desserts to allow others to explore that world.
-Starting a book club..
-Product recommendations are always awesome.
-Hairstyling tips....

Naturally Sophia said...

Hi Meikmeika!
I thought about independently starting a book club, so we'll see.
Veggie dishes are always appealing.
Hair tips always abound at the meetings. I think it would be good to have a braider/stylist come to one of the meet-ups. Thanks for sharing your ideas. I appreciate the feedback.