Here are the rules:
2. I got a new mattress for free!
Wanna know how I got it? I went to Atlanta Craigslist (site that post free ads for those who don't know) and found an extra firm orthopedic mattress for free. The guy just wanted me to pick it up myself. So for half a tank of gas, I got a free mattress with no stains, still in the plastic.
I have been needing a bed for sometime. It seems that my mattresses had some notorious sag in the middle. However, I discovered that this was not really the case. Really the bed frame was warped and busted. So, I am thrift shop searching for a gently used bed frame. If you are in Atlanta and have one to sell or donate, please e-mail me.
3. I recently got laser hair removal.
LOL...for my face! As many of you know from prior posts, I made peace with my 'stache ( Naturally Sophia's 'Stache ) and PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome). But then, I got a painful ingrown hair/cyst under my chin. Ewwh! It got me to think more seriously about the future of my 'stache which was quickly becoming a beard. So, I decided to find a doctor that specifically treats PCOS and to find a laser hair removal practice that specializes in Black skin. Fortunately, I found both.
4. My new MAC goody! I am in love with Mineralize SkinFinish Duo. My shade is dark (caramel) with a gold shimmer. They come in 5 shades tat get very close to your complexion. You can layer it with Studio Fix and/or Studio Tech.
If you are looking for a bronzer and foundation in one, here's your item. One side of it gives you the oh so popular mineral make-up finish and the other is a shimmery pigment to bronze and highlight wherever you'd like. I am in love with it!
And don't forget to apply it with the right brush.
5. Atlanta Black Gay Pride Weeekend- Labor Day Weekend This is Frenchie Davis from American Idol and Eva the Diva from ANTM.
This event just past in Atlanta, and I saw a Sisterlocks sister I had seen before at the Natural Hair Show. There was a slight exception to our crossing this time. She was arm in arm with her female lover. She looked at me as if asking me not to notice her or say anything at all. So, I didn't. But what is the big deal? Many Black women are lesbians. Of course, there are sisterlocked women who are lesbians! Why didn't she want me to acknowledge her? I mean I know why. I just wish she knew that I respect her right to privacy.
6. HIV- I found out that another person in my circle is HIV +. That sucks! I still have bad memories of one of my best friend's sister who died from AIDS related illnesses at 19. I encourage everyone to know that you regardless of your race, sexual orientation, and marital status are at risk for HIV. Have protected sex and get tested regularly. There is no look to HIV or AIDS.