Search This Blog

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Naturally, Sophia Wishes She Could Have Played with These Barbies

Remember back when we were kids.
Do you remember how all the dolls used to be White? Remember having your White Barbies?

I remember styling their hair until it would get knotted and matted. Then I would cut the matted bottom half of Barbie's hair so that it could remain soft, straight, and silky like I thought all hair was supposed to be.

Then one wonderful Christmas, I woke up to find my first Black Barbie. She had thigh length straight hair and blue eyes. I loved her and wanted to grow up to be like her. Even the Jet Beauty of the Week, had long straight hair like her and me...ahh back in the day.

Well, wow how things have changed. Here are some natural beautiful Barbies by Mattel even though they are too pricey. They are named Tatu, Mbili, and Sugar.


There is an artist that will take your doll and make locks for them! OMG! I would so give this to a little brown girl especially if I had one of my own.


Awesome Right? Follow the Link Below to
Get Your Dolls Locked.

16 comments:

Luscious Librarian said...

These are too fabulous! I never played with dolls, but I'd pick some up for someone who did.

Too bad about the price though. It's really sad that Bratz are under $20, but this fabulousity is out of my price range.

Chic Noir said...

These dolls are to fierce and yes I brought the French vogue. There is still a link on my blog to your blog.

Naturally Sophia said...

I must be blind and thanks for commenting. LOL! :)

sunsail said...

OMG these dolls are so freakin FIERCE!!! I was never much into dolls growing up (Transformers were my thing) but maybe if my dolls looked like these, I would have played more--and locked sooner!! :)

I might have to get me one now...

Lockedwithpatience said...

these dolls are too hot. i want them!

Meikmeika said...

WOW!!! My mother wouldn't even buy me a barbie cause they didn't look like us, but I would have loved one of those barbies!!! Why am I playing, I would love on of them now..hehe!

DiVA_La Reine said...

I see myself saving up to get my niece, and my friends daughters these Barbie's for Christmas! I used to decapitate Barbie always thought something was wrong with her (she had a ball that made noise in her head!!)

BeautyinBaltimore said...

I have not played with dolls for a very long times but these dolls are over the top gorgeous.

Brigitte said...

Those loced dolls are so beautiful! I want one for myself!

Allecia said...

That doll with the afro is fierce. I wasn't allowed to have non-Black dolls so I would have loved these as a kid. But I did have a Black kid sister who I loved very much.

Helga said...

I must have one... two (so my daughter can play with one too)!

blackrussian said...

These are SO overdue!

Amba said...

Aaw. That site has had me planning and calcuating. Tatu and Mbili are gorgeous!! OMG I'm already tryng to justify to myself why I should try to get some for Soila and Nina. :)

Naturally Sophia said...

Thanks ladies for commenting!

Brigitte- I LOVE your blog. Thanks for stopping by, as we speak I am plotting to get my hands on a July 08 Italian Vogue.

Black Russian- long time, no hear; Are you coming to Philly in Oct for the show?

blackrussian said...

Yeah, I kind of dropped out for a while. Y'all know I was unemployed and/or working part-time when I started my blog.

Once I started my business, I had to get back to work and hustle.

I would like to attend the show in Philly. I wanted to go last year. I can't remember what happened and why I wasn't able to go.

Do you want a travel buddy?

Naturally Sophia said...

Hey Black Russian,
As far as I am concerned the more the merrier. I am happy that you started your business. I really admire that.