Search This Blog

Friday, June 20, 2008

Fashion Fab: Badgley Mischka Time Pieces

I'm not much of a watch person. I mean everything else has a clock on it. You listen to the radio, and they stop the music to tell you what time it is. The time appears on the TV as soon as you turn it on. There are clocks on billboards and clocks on cell phones. There are more clocks even on computers.

Besides always knowing what time it is, our culture here in America is obsessed with time and it's linear nature. She's early. He's late. I have to get married by 35 and I have to do this before Jesus comes back. Time! Time! Time!

Having said all that about the precious commodity of time that most of us somehow manage to waste in some way or another, I really love these watches. It makes me think of time as art. A concept just as abstract as these watches:




No comments: