Search This Blog

Monday, June 16, 2008

13 Month Sisterlocks Journey (in Pictures)

Lakia had a great idea about showing progression photos of my Sisterlocks journey over the past year. Thanks for the suggestion!

Here is a photo journey of my first year! I have tried many different hairstyles, but I am a freestyle girl. I usually just wash and go. Sisterlocks makes that process much easier. YAY to my first year and many more.


This photo (below) shows me about 1 year prior to Sisterlocks:






This was shows my initial install in May 2007. I have micro/small Sisterlocks all over:




This shows me at 3 months. I loved my Sisterlocks but wasn't use to seeing so much scalp. I was used to looking like a lioness. See Afro pic above. LOL! I was really in a turquoise mood too.



This is me after 4 months. I hated my scalp showing and learned styles to cover it. Like the half up pony and the chignon. I was seriously peeved about finding certain consultants horrible when looking for someone good retighten.




This is after I Dye d my hair black right at the six month mark. It looks more like locks and less like braids in this picture.





Here I am at 8 months. I really was starting to like the fullness returning. Can you tell I need I retightening here? I really enjoy how it looks right before a retightening. Really messy and without all the grids.


At 9 months, rolling around on my mom's carpet. Can you tell I am so over lint? I hate having to wrap my hair or only use black towels. My solution is a nice Naturtint dye over every 6 months. This was like a week after a retightening. And I had just about split all the locks some consultants combined.


Here I am rocking the fiercest Mohawk known to natural hair at 11 months. It was really tight on my scalp, but I loved the way it looked. I wore it for about a week.




And here I am today at 13 months. Because it's like 90 degrees in the shade, I rock the pom-pom as my co-worker calls it. I think most of us know it as the pineapple.


15 comments:

SistaLocd said...

YOur locks are beautiful! I love the last two pics! Your locks are progressing lovely. I feel a lil lock envy, lol. Anyhow thanks for sharing the pics.

Naturally Sophia said...

Sistalocd- Awwh! Thanks hun! You're so sweet. I am still waiting for yu to visit ATL.

Kandgoods said...

I know it's taken, but I think i've just fallen in love with your hair!...You must be so happy!

onyxcherry said...

I use dye to cover the lint and build up in my mom's traditional locks too. It works really well.

Nice pics, you are looking smaller..I mean you look 'more fit', cuz I know you're not trying to be skinny.

Maryee said...

Your progression has been so pretty. Don't you just love documentation? Just wait until another year passes by! You'll only be continually amazed. Thanks for sharing!

Renea said...

Love the fauxhawk!

SeZ said...

Your hair is just beautiful.

Naturally Sophia said...

Thanks Ladies.

Naturally Sophia said...

Thanks Ladies.

DiVA_La Reine said...

OMG I want a fauxhawk it's fierce on you...thank you for commenting on my attempt at a braid out :) Did you take down these beautiful locks and start all over?

Naturally Sophia said...

Hi Diva La Reine,
I did not start them over. I had a set of traditional locks from 2002=2004 that I may have referenced.

Naturally Sophia said...

Thank you all for the lovely feedback.

Anonymous said...

love your locs girl! keep it up sweetie! I've had sisterlocks since Feb 2007 and I envy your hair, since it's so long, mine is just about coming down to my shoulders but it looks layered, even when i have a bad hair, I want to wear a wig, any suggestions?

Naturally Sophia said...

Work what you got! That is my only suggestion. Try doing an array of things like try playin with it in the mirror. Look for inspiration on any style you see, even those not locked.

Lady J said...

I love your locks. I'm considering getting sister locks and was wondering where did you go to get yours done?