Search This Blog

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Tagged: 6 Updates about Moi

I was tagged by Aya some time ago to list 6 random things about my life.
I am not personally tagging anyone; but if you have not been tagged consider yourself invited by yours truly.
Anyhow, I was taking a break from the hair topics and the random topics I usually blog about. There have been a lot of things brewing in my personal life. Want to hear about those?

1. I am officially NOT moving to Miami. Everything didn't fall into place, and the cons seem to outweigh the pros right now.

2. I was offered an internal promotion that I accepted. The job is more challenging mentally and less stressful. I am one happy camper.


3. I realized from the whole moving to Miami ordeal that I have way, way too much stuff for one person. Yes my house is big, but keeping things I don't use or wear or love is ridiculous regardless of the space. I have given away 25 pairs of shoes so far and am working on a whole house clearing out. My reward will be a nice Christian Louboutin or Giuseppe Zanotti shoe or LV bag. I am personally a fan of the watercolors bag with the exotic handles.


4. Me and HD (Heartbreaker Decepticon) are currently working on our relationship. I guess his persistance paid off. We'll see what happens...




5. My dad's birthday is next week, the day after father's day, we are having a big get together to celebrate both days. He will turn 74 years young. I really appreciate the relationship I have with my daddy. Look forward to a seperate post on this.

6. I think I want to invest in a ROTH IRA. I am researching it now but open to advice.

5 comments:

SistaLocd said...

Hey too bad about not moving to Miami again, I was looking forward to meeting you. I guess when I visit my mother in the near future we can hook up.
Congrats on the promotion, I hope you enjoy it and are truly happy.
As far as investing I think it's a great idea, however don't know much about it!

By the way HD's coils are nice!

Take Care

Allecia said...

So what size shoe do you wear? If the shoes you want are any indication of what was in your closet, I wish I could have been a part of your clearance sale.

I was just talking with a friend about opening an IRA. I really need to educate myself about the options. Hopefully you'll get some good advice on this.

Afrodite said...

I'm glad you decided to give him another chance. Best of luck to you both.

Naturally Sophia said...

Sistalocd- When you are in town, let's hook up. If you could come to the Sisterlocks meet-up that we have one weekend every month, that'd be good too.

Thanks for the compliment on HD, I am his locktician. LOL!

Allecia- I am going to do an entire post on my shoes. I did not give away any super expensive shoes though...


Afrodite- We need your luck and prayers!

Linda said...

Well, congrats on your Sisterlock anniversary. I know how time slips up on you. Your locks look great. it doesn't appear it was the right time for the move to FL and you recieved, I am sure, a well deserved promotion. You and your man as working it out so , I think things sound like they are on the right track. Be blessed...