Search This Blog

Monday, March 17, 2008

Sisterlocks Meet and Greet- Atlanta



Yesterday, I drove through hail to get to the Sisterlocks Atlanta meet and greet. I had an amazing time. I met many of the Sisterlocks bloggers in the area and saw some wonderful styling.
This was my first time meeting Dr. Cornwell. She was very gracious and actually complimented my hair asking me who installed them! Wow! I couldn't have smiled bigger. We all know that Dr. Cornwell has beautiful Sisterlocks; but in person, they are even more spectacular:

I also got a chance to meet some Sisterlock bloggers. Here I am with Onyx Cherry and Knotsnlocks .




I also got a chance to meet Amba on the right:


Angela on the left is a super sweet realtor that I met there.


I was complimented on the size and parting of my locs. Most people assumed that I had relaxer because of the sheen and straightness of my locs. I got many questions on how to achieve the flipped look. I used marcel irons to curl my ends, but the same thing could be accomplished with a roller set.


Here are the rest of my photos from the meet and greet. Everyone was super nice and some great styles were created there on the spot.





10 comments:

Aya said...

Wow!!! Looks like you guys were having much fun. I even recognized some faces from the blog. Sure wish I could have been there.

muslimahlocs said...

you all looks so beautiful. and the hair...wow, it just seemed to sparkle. did you add some special effects to make every single person's hair look so healthy. dr. cornwell is a truly phenomenal woman for reasons that have nothing to do with sisterlocks whatsoever!

Lakia said...

looks like you gals had fun. I am loving your peruvian earrings. i am ordering some this week.

Naturally Sophia said...

Hi Lakia- Thanks for your compliment! You can purchase them at your local accessory or beauty supply shop as well as etsy.com. I got them from the Philly Loc Conference last year. I bought all brown ones and my niece Ladawn had these bright ones. We switched as the color she had was more my style and vice versa. We are always buying similar things that are just slightly different.

Tina said...

I'm glad that the Atlanta meeting wasn't messed up by the tornado. I was watching the news about it and was like, "wait a minute, there's a hair thing there!"

I'm glad you had a great time and was safe. I hope that one day I'll be able to go to something like that.

Goodnapps said...

Oh how marvelous!! Those are some fantastic styles.

SeZ said...

All the styles are beautiful I love the pictures and the different styles and hair textures. That is one thing about sisterlocs everyones looks different.

Ayo said...

Hi Sophia, I didn't get a chance to talk to you at the event, but I have a photo of you on my blog! Your photos are great! I was sooo mad that I forgot my camera in my haste to get to the hotel. Hope to speak with you at future events!

Maryee said...

Fantastic pics of the gathering. All the locked sistahs and blog buddies look fabulous! Thanks for sharing.

CarmenNC said...

I saw a classmate!!! She's the tall light skin, slim lady with the little girl. Of course I forgot her name. Her hair is turning out so nicely and gotten much longer since September. Thank you for sharing.