Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I See the God(dess) in You




Awhile back I was walking down a sidewalk (in my head like Naomi Campbell or Ms. Jay from top model), and a guy said "Ayy (ATL style) Goddess". I stopped and said hello but continued on my way. I received the compliment again recently from a woman and introduced myself as Sophia. She stated, " How fitting" in a smooth, pleasant way.

I replayed the conversation a few times in my mind. I started thinking about people as gods and people as spirits. I also thought about the connection between my name and the spiritual world. Well, I found out a wealth of info that I had only skimmed in the past. My name can be translated as goddess of wisdom. How wonderful of my mom to give me such a powerful name! You can click Here for some of the info I found.

Mainly, I don't feel like I am living up to my name. I mean there are endless ways I can be wiser. There are so many people I can help. Don't goddesses help lots of people? Am I really living my purpose? Do I love my neighbor as myself? Do I thank God the way I should? I want to live my days and nights that show praise and honor to God.

I feel a readiness for spiritual growth at this point in my life on scale not present before. At this transitional point, I want to express the goddess in me at every opportunity I have.

What does a human goddess look like to you? Do you see the God in you?

10 comments:

Goodnapps said...

Great post!

Breath of Light said...

I view myself as a goddess an try to continually uplift the spiritual and divine in other people. Especially those who do not realize they divine.

As far as you not living up to your name (goddess of wisdome) I must disagree. Wisdom is not just about what you know in this moment. It is continual growth and seeking of knowledge. It's not just knowing everything, it is about seeking truth and the divine and sharing it with the world. Just by reading your blog I would argue that you achieve and strive for that.

Embrace your goddess!

Xcentric Pryncess said...

great post....

I see the God in me at times, only when I am truly happy though...when I am stressed or upset I tend to take it out on others or go into a cocoon...

so..I have made changes in my life so that my inner Goddess can work effectively....

barb michelen said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

Aparelho de DVD said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If ossible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aparelho de DVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aparelho-dvd.blogspot.com. A hug.

kimmie e said...

this is my first time reading your blog and i love it

i was in a play recently called for colored girls who have considered suicide/when the rainbow is enuf by ntozake shange...the last line in the play is " i found God in myself and i loved Her i loved Her fiercely"

i so agree with the goddess thing
its empowering
something that everyone woman should know

ingridspeak said...

Excellent question. Some days I do see God in me, other days i fall short. It is wonderful when we begin to embrace the likeness of spirit we have with our creator. On the days when I most embody that spirit I feel not only beautiful, but invincible. Not in the careless way of those who refuse to recognize proper limits but in the way that through God's grace nothing is impossible for me. I pray I have more of those days. Thanks for the great post.

By the by I found you a couple a weeks ago and your views on hair and life made me smile. Here is a belated welcome to my blogroll as you have been there for a couple of weeks now.

Naturally Sophia said...

Ladies- thanks for sharing!

Kimmie_eand ingridspeak- I have checked out both of you blogs and love the equally, I will add them to my blog roll when I get a moment.

Naturally Sophia said...

A special thanks to breath of light!

cordieb said...

Great Posts. Thanks for sharing.