Search This Blog

Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Great Debators a Wonderful Movie! First Sunday..not so much!


If you haven't already seen the movie, please see The Great Debators! It was entertaining, funny, and inspiring at the same time. I particularly enjoyed the performances of the debators, although Denzel Washington was fabulous as usual.

I saw this movie along with First Sunday, as they were showing together at the drive-in theater in Atlanta. First Sunday was not as good as I would have liked it to be.

It was too silly at times, skimmed over some serious issues in the church, and the plot was not fully developed. It was average at best. Seeing this movie along with The Great Debators, just more clearly illustrated how much better The Great Debators was produced and written.

3 comments:

Bygbaby said...

I want to see "The Great Debaters" but I do not feel like going to a movie & being dragged down with a thick story. So I think I will be hitting that up on cable. Sad but true, I just cannot do it at this time.

"First Sunday" looks a mess & I will most likely not see that unless that lady who does my hair has it on bootleg next time I get my locks tightened.

One movie that I am looking forward to seeing is "Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins". I saw the preview last night & it make me laugh. So in the next few weeks, I will be getting my ghetto movie fix.

Bygbaby

TravelDiva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TravelDiva said...

I saw both. The Great Debaters was uplifting, funny and at times jarring. I thought it was well-acted, had a great script and a great cast.

I also saw First Sunday (not of my own volition). I actually thought it would be funnier. There were some funny moments from Tracey Morgan and Katt Williams, but there was something definitely missing.