Search This Blog

Monday, October 1, 2007

Who Retightened Her Hair? Sophia, Naturally

Ok. Well...I retightened part of it. After awhile, my hands got tired and I had to use a mirror. But I was able to retighten maybe 20 or so locs in the front.


This is what I used:


I like this tool because it has an open end to put your hair thru and a hook all in one. I put my loc thru the bottom of the tool and pulled the hook thru my hair at the base in a counter clockwise direction.

There were some locs that slid thru the loop. When this happened, I tied the ends of my hair to the loop until I finished with that lock in particular.


I also used the crochet hook for the smaller locs around the base of my hair. I am going to ask my dad to drill a hole in the bottom of it because the loop at the other end is helpful. With the loop, you don't have to keep grabbing the loc with the hook with each turn! The loop allows you to pull it thru without really using the hook to bring the hair thru.


It is simple but time-consuming. I am going to try the nappy locs tool too. The more options, the better. Any tips? Thoughts?

5 comments:

Meikmeika said...

Great Job!!!!

muslimahlocs said...

i prefer the sisterlocks hook tool.

SistaLocd said...

I feel that there is a spread of positive energy going around! A lot of sisters are willing and wanting to take matters in to their own hands, which I think is great. Anyhow enough about me I am happy for you. I just don't understand that tool you use. I think you should give the nappylocks tool a try. Although it is small it is very very easy to use in my opinion.

Torrance Stephens bka All-Mi-T said...

Nice blog hon and u write well, chk em out sometimes

brunsli said...

Congrats!

You and Mel are inspiring me to try...