Search This Blog

Friday, October 12, 2007

Where Are You Now?

One of the things that was significant during the Philly Loc Conference was the long, philosophical conversations I had with the women there in particular my (adult) niece. At one point, she commented on how much better/different the world would be if we as people had the time to experience an experience fully. For example, she mentioned how it would be if we had enough time and space to grieve, really grieve when we felt it.

I have been examining my emotions as of late, feeling empowered to do so. I have been dissecting and magnifying each one to gain some introspect into my character and to understand the voyage of my life, the plight of this world...and others.

This song helps me to examine my grief whenever I hear it. In particular, it has significance for me regarding a friend that is/was a missing person . JMG- This is for you, wherever you are.

5 comments:

Torrance Stephens bka All-Mi-T said...

I never even knew thay had conferences like that

dreamangel75 said...

I do agree that our society pushes people to grieve quickly. People grieve in various ways and need time to digest the loss. But, our society does not promote this as well as it should.

n'Drea said...

Thanks for sharing.

Some people tend to want to put a time limit on grief. I think persons should take as long as they need. We're all different and respond in various ways.

I like what you said about dissecting and examining your emotions. That's something I need to do from time to time, instead of sweeping the ones I don't like under a carpet, or putting them on a shelf.

Anonymous said...

I haven't been able to get this song out of my head since you posted it!!! I really love the song...but now it's just getting to be annoying! Sigh... :(

That Girl Boo said...

I agree with "dreamange175" especially in America, we have no time for anything everything is rush rush rush, this is a lovely song, I'm gonna buy her CD after hearing it from your blog