Search This Blog

Friday, October 5, 2007

Phenomenal Philly

I visited Philly this past weekend, and the city is beautiful (for the most part). One thing I like is the murals all over the city sponsored by the Public Arts Program. I know from seeing the homeless people in Philly, the money could have been better spent. But to see a mural downtown that featured some people of color was cool. One lady painted on the mural even had locs. Wow! There is an Islamic sistah in the backdrop and a plethora of people of color. I added the photo below. What do you think?



2 comments:

Xcentric Pryncess said...

We need something like that in Atlanta...that mural is bananas...

Brenda said...

That's one of my favorites also. Philly has the most murals of any city in the world - over 2500 on display at any given time.