Search This Blog

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Naturally, Sophia has a Nose Piercing

For those of you that don't know, I was debating about whether or not to get my nose pierced. And after much research, I finally pierced my nose.

The piercer was very clean and patient; but the process was intimidating. Despite the 6 piercings I received during my life (I know; I was the weird girl in high school), this one hurt more than I expected because of a problem the day after I was pierced. The initial piercing was o.k. with a quick sharp pain.

But then, my nose swelled. So the piercing was starting to get embedded in my nose the day after with this like a stinging pain. So, I went back to the piercer who informed me that he had to take it out and put it back in again. I thought it would feel like putting an earring back in or something. But then I felt a tremendous pain. It hurt badly, and my nose was bleeding! The piercer stopped the bleeding, which was minimal and unusual for a nostril piercing I was told.

So, now two weeks later, the swelling has gone down. I feel good about it now. I asked my friends and family what they thought, and most didn't notice. One loved one said, "It looks like it just belongs. I didn't notice it was there."
My next step will be getting cool jewelry for it. I will keep you posted...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm so jealous of your decision! Wish I had the gumption! Would love to see a pic. :)

BrownSugarBetty said...

Nose piercings never go outta style. I like the tiny diamond studs, personally, or a fitted hoop is cute, too. I'm considering a tattoo....

SistaLocd said...

Cool, can't wait to see pics. I used to have my tongue pierced and I want it back. I have no idea why I stopped wearing it after 5 years.

Locksuluv Hair Affair said...

I was wild in my former life and I had my nose pierced in college, but when I began my student teaching I had to get rid of it..I am so wanting it done again, now that I have come home to sisterlocks and have enbraced my natural part of me...when I got my pierced it was a large hoop earrings but I hear now days they can pierce it with a diamond stud and no one will really know...If that is truth, I will be considering mine again.

Naturally Sophia said...

@locksuluv

Yes, now they can pierce with a tiny stud. And yes it all feels like it should have or always was there. Meaning the locs, the nose stud, and everything that comes with being natural.

Rhinoplasty Los Angeles said...

I used to neglect my boy friend due to my nose problem, I feel uncomfortable to face him directly but now I got cure with Rhinoplasty non- surgical nose treatment, yes now I can have good time with him…. Nice post to go.

Anonymous said...

Interesting story you got here. It would be great to read something more concerning this matter. Thanx for sharing this information.