Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Naturally, Sophia's Sisterlock Chignon

This is one of my first SL styles, and my first SL bun ever. I am lovin it! I was even able to give it a little rise in the crown that is so popular now. I think it looks professional, and I attempted but never achieved the neat chignon with the traditional locs I had prior. What do you think?

Tutorial Instructions:

For shoulder-length hair:

1. Pull your hair into a ponytail snugly with a ponytail holder.

2.Wrap a small/medium size sock/scarf around the ponytail holder that matches your hair color in a circular shape around the ponytail.

3.Now you should see a donut shape surrounding your ponytail.

4. Use another ponytail holder to wrap your hair around the donut stretching it from the outside in tucking the ends underneath the sock/scarf. The top of your ponytail will be facing the inside of the donut shaped scarf/sock.

For longer/thicker hair:

Follow the steps except don't use the scarf/sock as it may not be necessary. Secure your own hair under using hair pins.

***This works on all hair whether you have a relaxer, locs, or a natural afro/curls.***

11 comments:

Cluizel said...

CUTE!!!

Goodnapps said...

FANTASTIC!

Aya said...

I think it very pretty!!!! Love it. Btw, thanks for stopping by my blog.

brunsli said...

Very cute! I wish I could do that.

Khandi said...

Thank you for stoppin by my blog and leaving your comment.
Your hair looks great! Cant wait til i get some length on mine

n'Drea said...

Simply gorgeous!

Thanks again for stopping by my blog, for your compliment and reassurance. Really appreci-love it :)

sunsail said...

cute!!! Must post how to's for use that are challenged!!!

muslimahlocs said...

oohhh. i like it. thanks for the instructions. thankfully, i have lots of scarves so i can try it right away.

Meikmeika said...

Very nice!!!

Lola Gets said...

That is cute; Im going to try that soon!
L

blackrussian said...

Very beautiful! I have been rocking a messier version of this style for weeks now because it has been so hot! The bun was one of my FAVE styles before Sls, so I was glad that I still had enough length to wear it all summer long.