Search This Blog

Friday, September 14, 2007

The Day before my Birthday, Sept. 14th


I see my birthday and the time surrounding it as a personal New Year, a time to reflect and celebrate on my past years. Since the New Year consists of New Year's Resolutions, I have listed them as follows:

1. Be Healthier: this means healthy eating habits and working out consistently even when I don't feel like it. It means making and keeping regular dental and doctor appointments. And it means taking vitamin supplements regularly.

2. Get Organized- I am often looking for things, which often contributes to making me late or near late for events in my busy work week. I have many things in my home that I don't use or need. I want to get rid of these things and only live with what I love and need. Then, I want those things to all have a place.

3. Save and Make More $$$- I am making a short term plan which includes smarter shopping, budgeting better, and a PT job. My long term goal is to go back to school if only part time very soon. Ideally, I would like to go by next year. After reading a post from blogger , brunsli it gave me the boost I needed to rethink going back to school. I am presently researching MBA, JD, MSW, MHA, and PHD (Forensic Psychology)programs. I am interested in a career in service to people as I am a nurturer naturally, but I need to know specifically what that is. I need to decide how I can pay for my education and what to do with my house if I can not work full time or sell my house as I can't afford to take a loss in today's terrible selling market. Thoughts?

4.Stop Procrastinating- You may delay, but time will not. ~Benjamin Franklin. I plan to do too much tomorrow. This is evident as I am writing about last week as we speak. I f you have tips that are really helpful to you, I would love to incorporate them into my life. The key theme seems to be creating routines...

5. Be More Beautiful- Though shedding pounds will help, I also want to see a dermatologists and create a beauty routine. As it stands, I sleep with my makeup on and don't wax/shave the way I should. I know TMI! My eyebrows can be unkempt, and I will still walk out of the house anyway. I don't want to become one of those women you see in the grocery store with baggy clothes on and rollers in their hair. I want to look as good as I can whenever possible. I know there have been a lot of missed opportunities. Being a single heterosexual woman, I have to realize that men are visual and look accordingly. Plus, I hate walking by the mirror and thinking what is going on today. Well, Sisterlocks definitely help with it because I always have perfect hair at least. But I know you readers know what I mean. There is always room for improvement.

5 comments:

Aya said...

Sorry, I'm a little late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you. Hope your day was great.

SistaLocd said...

happy Belated Birthday. I feel ya on this post.Although I am kind of ashamed to admit it, but I can relate to every last one of the items you have listed.

Meikmeika said...

Good Resolutions...

I can also identify with most of them. I still have yet to learn how to tame my eyebrows, I go to the salon to get them done but a week later they look crazy!! I think I'm the least prissy out of all my friends and at times I wish I could change that. One of my friends shaves every other day, gets up early to get her make-up on, has impeccable eyebrows, and never looks a mess at all. I have no idea how she does it...

Speaking of how men are visual creatures, this is true, but if a man is intimidated by how well kept you are, he may not approach you....LOL!!! This is just my way of letting myself know it's ok to have crazy eyebrows and stubble on my legs..LOL!!!

brunsli said...

Happy belated birthday!

This is truly a great list of resolutions, enough to last a whole year!

I think I have to adopt your #5 for myself. Bar study got me in the habit of leaving the house while less-than-fabulous, and now I have to reconnect with my inner princess. Still, I think a confident attitude can overcome stray eyebrows anytime.

Happy birthday!!! Keep us posted on your progress.

Lola Gets said...

Happy Birthday Girl!

Im having an issue with my eyebrows as well. I thought the last woman was over-plucking, so I look like a wookie while Im letting them grow out! LOL

But I do like your resolutions, so work it out, girl!
L