Search This Blog

Friday, August 10, 2007

Beauty Role Model: Andre' Benjamin

After much consideration, I am pleased to introduce my first male beauty role model: Andre Benjamin. I chose him because of his artistry, lifestyle, and appeal. I have always had a crush since SouthernPlayalisticCadillacFunkyMusic, the 1994 album. I have owned every Outkast album and been a fan when they were just considered local, underground ATL music. Since becoming a rap duo with Big Boi, I am pleased in how Mr. Benjamin evolved from Dre' to Andre' 3000.

In 2004, PETA named Andre "Sexiest Vegetarian of the Year", Andre has been a vegan counting 8 years. Sexy indeed! In 2007, he was named fourth out of the top 10 Hottest MCs In The Game by MTV. He has been in a number of movies and high profile relationships. But my focus here is on his lyrical ability, artistic development, and overall je ne sais quoi factor.

I could not find an interview or Q & A session on the web that asks the questions I would like to ask him. So, if I ever run into Andre' in the metro Atlanta area, I will do my best to get a few questions answered. He is currently working on 2 films and album in addition to his cartoon series. One of the films is a basketball comedy, and in the other he is slated to play Sammy Davis Jr. in his biographical film. He has also been recording cameos in a few popular songs and is reported to be recording a remix to Sean Kingston's "Beautiful Girls".

6 comments:

MysTery said...

That is my babydaddy! Whoo hoo! Good pic!

SistaLocd said...

That is a good choice very good choice. That is one fine brother!

Meikmeika said...

Interesting...

I still listen to the older albums when Goodie Mobb was in the mix.. I'm not to into the new albums though...

blackrussian said...

What are your questions?

(If I ever bump into him, I'll ask him for you - hehe!)

CHIC NOIR said...

He is a eccentric fly guy.

Naturally Sophia said...

Blackrussian- I would ask questions about him in general, being a father, and his personal life not about his career. Every interview I found was about his career.