Search This Blog

Monday, June 25, 2007

Rare- Restaurant Review

On Friday, the womyn from work and I went to Rare, a soul-food, tapas restaurant in the ATL. Where else would you find such a thing? The food was delicious, and the ambiance was nice. It has a plush, earthy vibe that is fresh but comforting. I loved the lush look from the cream, silk chaise lounges to the burgundy accents. I also liked the fact that our bar table was made of a rustic, chocolate brown door. Many areas have exposed brick walls. Very cool!


Of course, I had the Curry Chicken Kabobs. I was impressed as the recipe tastes more like Trinidadian curry than the Jamaican style. And because it is a tapas restaurant, I also tasted the Jerk Spiced Chicken, Trio of Deviled Eggs, the Fondue, and the Rare BLT. I skipped the dessert menu. But my friend said the Warm Chocolate Bread Pudding was good.


If you are ever in Atlanta and interested in supporting one of the almost 2,000 Black-owned businesses, I recommend this restaurant. The service, drinks, and food were very good. It is in close proximity to clubs and entertainment, in fabulous Midtown. The web address is http://www.rareatl.com/ and ask for Tina.

1 comment:

Sweet Ducky said...

I'm so glad that you posted this. I read the review and I wanted to go. Thanks girly.