Search This Blog

Monday, June 11, 2007

My Busy Weekend

On Saturday, I climbed Stone Mountain for the first time. It is about 1.5 miles to the top of a gradually steep incline, but it was one of the best experiences ever. I went with a co-worker who whined the whole way. So, I had to play enthusiast. You can see all of Atlanta and North Georgia from the top, and I included a view from the side of the mountain. I plan on doing the climb at least 4 times a week to add some variety to my workout. I wish I had taken my journal to write down my thoughts at the top of the mountain. It's overwhelming to see the majesty of nature and The Creator.








Over the weekend, I washed my Sisterlocks for the first time. I found that the process didn't take that long. I bundled in sections and used the Sisterlocks shampoo, although I wish that I didn't have to bundle. I can't wait until my locs mature because I want to use my Aveda Sap Moss Shampoo.



My hair has returned to it's lion mane partially. I love that my thickness is starting to cover most of the parts in the scalp. I took this photo with my camera phone from the side. Sorry about the resolution. But I like that it is starting to look more like locs.; I think I might try some styles now that it's less fragile. I like hair accessories, but I don't like all my hair up. I think I might try braiding/banding in the front or bantu knots all over. As always, I welcome any tips and style suggestions.





















No comments: