Search This Blog

Thursday, June 7, 2007

An Entry for Carlos

Carlos, my BFF, and I have not had/made time to catch up. Carlos had many questions over the phone last night. I really miss spending time together, and hopefully this will be a catalyst for us to actually have some quality time. Carlos asked me what music was I into now. These are the artists in my disc changer today.

1. The Noisettes- I love, Shingai Shoniwa, the lead singer's gorgeous voice. I don't think there is anything she has sang that I didn't like! Plus, I love punk music. Check out their cover of Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance with Somebody".



2. Amy Winehouse- I feel like Ms. Winehouse is singing about my life right now. Carlos, I know you know what I mean. I listen to her album everyday after work. Let me know what you think or if you can relate after you watch the video. Laugh out Loud, Carlos!



3. Nina Simone- She is a legend whose voice is like an instrument itself. Besides, I love the lyrics to "I Put a Spell on You". The words along with her voice are spellbinding together. Check out what a wonderful, timeless, and Afrocentric performer. Nina is below:



4. Beenie Man- One of my favorite types of music is Dancehall. I listen to Beenie especially when I work out. I can't listen to this song without dancing. The video is OK, but the beat is banging. Enjoy!



5. Prince- I have a special friend right now, and I haven't heard from him in awhile. So, I listen to this because it's kind of how I feel about him. The other songs from Prince's B sides are good too. Among my favorites is "Erotic City" and "17 Days". You can click here for the first 30 seconds of "How Come You Don't Call Me Anymore". Alicia Keys covered it, but I prefer his Purple Majesty's version.


PrinceHow Come U Don't Call Me Anymore

No comments: